Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Manic Monday Meals ~ Fall Flavors

Oh my is it Monday already??? Today I thought I would share some yummy treats instead of main meal. You all know my love of pumpkin :) and the apples from our apple orchard hunting the previous weekend gives us this!

First off is a recipe I added Pumpkin too :)
Delicious Pineapple Muffin (w/Pumpkin ala Alexis)

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pans, or line with paper liners.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the reserved juice, egg, milk, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Mix just until blended.
  3. In a separate bowl, stir together the cinnamon, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 cup melted butter to make the topping.
  4. Spoon batter into muffin cups, then spoon crushed pineapple over the batter and sprinkle with the cinnamon topping.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the crown of the muffin comes out clean.
ALEXIS NOTES: So I had the pineapple from a recipe you'll see tomorrow and some pumpkin so I took this recipe added in 1 cup of pumpkin and skipped the milk. It was more like a cake texture so I'm still playing around with it. But they were yummy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Second is to use the apples from the orchard we picked last week.
  • 1/4 Cup butter (1/2 stick), divided
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp. PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
  • 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 Cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 medium baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 3 TB. CINNAMON SUGAR, divided
Preheat oven to 400°. Divide butter evenly between two 9 inch pie plates and put them in the oven to melt the butter. Rotate the pie plates until the butter coats the bottom and the sides. To make dividing the ingredients between the two plates easier, we used a 4-Cup measuring cup as our mixing bowl. Beat eggs, PURE VANILLA EXTRACT, flour, milk, and salt on medium speed for 1 minute. Toss the sliced apples with 2 TB. of the CINNAMON SUGAR. Arrange 1/2 of the apple slices in each pan so they cover the bottom in pretty much a single layer. Pour 1/2 the egg mixture over the apple slices in each pan. Sprinkle the remaining CINNAMON SUGAR over the batter in each pan. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve right away, while still puffy, with warm syrup.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 4-6
ALEXIS NOTES: I only used one pan because well I'm lazy so it wasn't fluffy like on the pic but it was very yummy! I added a little pumpkin spice that gave it a yummy touch.
Hope you enjoy some yummy treats!

11 comments:

  1. I'm trying to decide how high to set my goal for number of pumpkiny items consumed between now and Christmas. I think 350 is reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought to pair pumpkin and pineapple. I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i LOVE muffins, they are one of my ALL TIME FAVE THINGS... and those pineapple muffins sound awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how yummy do those muffins sound! I'm cooking up a storm with pumpkin lately but have found some horrible recipes which is such a waste:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both sound delicious and I love pineapple! Pumpkin is always a favorite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delish! My boys would love both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you like pumpkin even more than I do! Both of these look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK...so do you post the recipes the same day you cook them or do you just cook and save up and then post them when you feel like it?

    I'm SO excited today to have got 4 cans of canned pumpkin at Kroger! Wal-Mart hasn't had ANY!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover